Friday, July 9, 2010

Lovely day in every way


I was going through all of the old files saved on my computer this evening, and I came across this paper I wrote for a class I was taking. I thought it was pretty awesome so I'm posting it up.



I have been skateboarding for about four  years of my life. Throughout the years I myself have seen the change in skateboarding, people change, product change, and the skateboard itself has changed in shape and size.


    The feeling of a new skateboard is like a four year old opening presents on Christmas.  A skateboard consists of three main parts, first comes the deck, then you attach the trucks, and last but not least the wheels.  Putting one together yourself is the best part!  After about a months worth or skating your new best friend every single day, it tends to crack and break. The upside is that all you need is a new deck,  the trucks and wheels last for years and once you put on your new deck you're ready to begin the cycle all over again. Ive lost count on how many boards I've gone through but I can tell you this, every board i think  back on is a cherished memory.


    I dont mind change at all, if anything I would say change is for the better.  It means you've learned from your past and you choose to go about certain things differently because its better that way, and you know for a fact from experience. Therefore you change. I also view it as moving on to bigger and better things instead of living that boring life of doing and being exactly what and where you were five years ago. I think people should try and pursue change, instead of being so scared of it. Whats the worse that could happen, besides changing what did happen.



     Wow... One of the best ways to capture change is in a photograph, I've always said that. Actually,  that is one of the reasons why I personally love photography.  You can capture an exact moment in a photograph that many can't in a memory, it's beautiful.  The feeling of being able to look back on a photograph is like going back in time, as soon as you look at it you remember everything about that moment in  your mind. Even the small things you thought you never would. 

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment