Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Been so many places, I've seen so many things, the eye of the beholder has probably never seen



Sunday was definitely a fun day. I woke up, showered, and made my way out the door into the scorching hott no wind blowing atmosphere. Ugh I hate it. Im guessing its cause of the fires. It looks insane out there! Especially at night. Check it out at http://www.shadlambert.com/ He has some pretty sick photos of it.










I arrived at Steph and Jules place, and headed over to Burton. They were throwing a BBQ and had a few kegs, hotdogs and hamburgers. Theres nothing like free BBQ and booze on a hott sunday right. Anyway booze ran out and Jamie was nice enough to give us a ride to 7-eleven where we picked up some fortys!

























Jules shot these great photos and I got some footy on my lil baby. Check out more photos at http://www.thisfishbowl.blogspot.com/ . The night concluded in Echo Park at good ole' Lil Joy. Hit the sack and was hung over as shit the next day. I've been trying to uplaod the footage I have for the past three days but I lost my firewire and finally bought a new one yesterday, that being said hopefully it'll be up by Monday ( and amrit you'll be the first that get it :) ) . Once again this will have to do for now.






















NEEEEEEEXT

Marijuana may protect against braing damage from binge drinking!




Alright, alright... You're probably thinking, "Wow she sure loves her weed."


Well the answer is yes I do. The truth of the matter is my friends and I always enjoy new reasons why we should continue to smoke, this is a very big topic of discussion with us. haha


Anyhow the other day Jules brought it to my attention that marijuana may protect against brain damage from binge drinking. Why you ask? Alright I'm gonna try and make this as quick as possible. Reasearchers at the University of San Diego conducted this study on students the from the age of 16-19. They divided these groups into three different catagories. Binge drinkers, Binge drinkers who smoke weed, and a a group that had little or no experience with "drugs" or alchohol. Turns out the binge drinkers group showed evidence of white matter damage in eight regions of the brain and the marijuana smoking binge drinkers only showed damage in three of the eight regions, and in seven regions they had higher scores meaning less damage. Muahaha thats cool.

The reasearchers wrote: “It is possible that marijuana may have some neuroprotective properties in mitigating alcohol-related oxidative stress or excitotoxic cell death.” The scientists noted that such protection has already been shown in lab and animal studies.

In a statement issued by MPP today, director of state campaigns Steve Fox said, “This study suggests that not only is marijuana safer than alcohol, it may actually protect against some of the damage that booze causes. It’s far better for teens not to drink or smoke marijuana, but our nation’s leaders send a dangerous message by defending laws that encourage the use of alcohol over marijuana.” ( couldn't have put it better myself :)

LAST BUT NOT LEAST
I GOT MY DIGITAL CAMERA!!!! YEE!!! JUST HAD ER DROPPED OFF AT MY JOB RIGHT NOW!! TONIGHT IS GONNA FUN!!!
Im goin to ana paolas gallery in Venice everyone should come. Call me, text me, whatever lets hang out!!!
LATER DAYS









1 comment:

  1. it was even getting a bit ashy and shit in my area too. god damn fires.

    ReplyDelete